Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: super 8 nyc

  1. #1
    Inactive Member nash-kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hello,
    I'm new to this board and here's my first question: since I'm also new to NYC, I'd like to find out where in the city I could find a super 8 editor/viewer. Does any new yorker here know about super 8 equipment second hand stores? Thanks for your time,
    Antonio

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well,

    I'm sort-of from New York (NYS, not NYC).

    I'm not sure this is a help, but I got a really nice reconditioned editor/viewer from this place in Atlanta:

    http://www.chamblesscineequip.com/Default.htm

    And of course there are usually acres of editor/viewers on E-bay.

    What I'm concerned about is a local store may either refuse to carry Super-8 gear because "nobody wants it" (so not true), or may decide that it's "collectible" and charge a ton.

    By the same token, anything you want (legal or illegal, mundane or mystical, scummy or spectacular) is sold somewhere in NYC, so maybe somebody else knows a local place.

    Good Luck!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •